Friday, December 11, 2009

T minus 5.5 hours

I should be in bed. Asleep. Renewing and rejuvenating myself in preparation for the big day, the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe tomorrow morning at 5 am. Instead, I'm wired and spending time tapping on Antonio, mi computadora.

Several things I've discovered about myself over the years: 1) I'm a night person. A night person that waits til the 11th hour to do the things I need to do. 2) I'm a project person. Doing anything indefinitely stiffens me into paralysis. 3) I jump into things that sound exciting, perhaps without proper research or forethought. My motto is Ready, Fire, Aim!

I'm a little nervous about this dancing gig with my fellow Latinos tomorrow morning. Mostly nervous that I won't wake up. Or will wake up and look so scary that I turn people away from the faith. Or will faint from cold or exhaustion or stroke as I'm dancing away through the streets in mid-December. Okay, that's not a real fear, but it could happen.

Back when I was the Santa/Easter Bunny photo set manager at the mall and would run into an emergency situation of having to drum up a person to throw in a suit at the last minute, I recruited my friends to help me with the promise of, "You'll have fun, it's easy, you'll do fine, it's only for a couple hours, what a neat experience!" etc. Having seen myself in the mirror yesterday with my OLG outfit (sorry, but not flattering on my figure), I felt the boomerang of fate winging back my way and smacking me good. "Lucy, what have you gotten us into?"

Before I retire tonight, I am putting this all into Mary's hands. Please help me get me through the day in a way that is pleasing to you. My intentions are great, and this day's for you!
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment