Friday, March 19, 2010

Burning the Candle

Why do I always do this to myself? This time it wasn't entirely my fault, though. Why is everything always due on the same day? There can be long stretches of nothingness, then blammo - the @*a% hits the fan and I'm covered in work. Not that I'm complaining, I'd rather write than clean or cook any day, but back-to-back projects can be a bit stressful.

I jumped from project to project, barely raising my head to acknowledge my family, "Sure, son, you drive our car wherever you want. Goodnight." Talk about laissez faire parenting, yea gods! My daughter is busy with after school sports and I rely on her text messages to summon me out of the twilight zone. At times, it feels like my head is actually sucked into the computer, but I'd rather be consumed with something I love, than wile away my life. Hey, you can sleep when you're dead.

So, the candle has been burning at both ends for a month and a half. Almost done - only taxes left to tackle before I can board that cruise ship with no worries, mon. It is so worth it. I'm bringing my Spanish books with me and will try my best with my newfound language. I have a feeling I'm going to break into my Franco-Italian Spanglish, however. Should be amusing (for others) nontheless.

Spring is official tomorrow. Yes! The birds are singing and daffodils have poked their yellow heads through the ground. We have made it through another winter. ¡Es hora de celebrar!

No comments:

Post a Comment